Last November I wrote a tutorial on how to use Google Reader to download torrents from D-addicts. This is especially helpful if D-addicts is down and you need that drama fix. Since D-addicts doesn’t host any torrents, torrents can still function normally… meaning you can still be downloading!
So here’s a spanking new tutorial on how to use Feedly in place of Google Reader.
1. Go to www.feedly.com and download the browser extension. Feedly’s site is smart enough to recognize what browser I’m using, in this case Safari.
2. Once the extension has been downloaded, go to the file where it is saved on your computer and double click it. This will automatically install the extension on your browser.
3. Your browser will now be redirected to the Feedly homepage as seen below.
If you’re new to this and do not have a Google Reader account, click the LOGIN button to create a new account. Then skip to step 4A.
If you’ve followed my previous post on how to use Google Reader to grab torrents from D-addicts, then click the CONNECT TO GOOGLE READER button and continue on. We will proceed to connect our Google Reader account to Feedly.
4. Clicking the CONNECT TO GOOGLE READER button will result in a pop-up as pictured below. Feedly is requesting some basic permissions from your Google Reader account. Please click the ALLOW ACCESS button.
Google Reader importers skip steps 4A and 4B below.
4A. If you’re a new user and not importing from a Google Reader account, then add the D-addicts RSS feed manually by clicking ADD WEBSITE in the left navigation towards the top.
4B. First the right popup will appear.
Input the RSS feed link for D-addicts: http://www.d-addicts.com/rss.xml
Under the SITES section, the D-addicts RSS feed appears. Click the PLUS icon to add the feed.
This brings up another popup on the left. You can either create a new category or add the D-addicts feed to an existing one.
Click the UPDATE button at the bottom.
5. All of your feeds will now be populated in Feedly in the left navigation in the middle by category. Clicking a category will reveal the different feeds within that category. My D-addicts RSS feed is located in an UNCATEGORIZED category. Click the D-addicts RSS feed link.
6. By default you will see the feed like pictured. This is the default layout which Feedly calls the “magazine layout.” The highlighted boxes are all the current torrents on D-addicts shown in chronological order.
To change the layout, click the cog wheel icon in the upper right corner. The other layout options are: Titles, Mosaic, Cards, and Full Articles.
7. To download a torrent in magazine layout, click on any of the titles, and you’ll see a popup as featured. It’s very similar to Google Reader as you can see. The torrent links are listed below in green and we have 2 options here: Torrage and Zoink. They are the same torrent, so click to download either.
To download a torrent in titles layout or more commonly known as “list view,” you can either click the title to get a popup and download from the Torrage and Zoink links or hover over a title and click the first icon. Unfortunately, it looks like the 2nd option will not work because Torcache is dead. But this is something useful to remember if D-addicts removes those Torcache links later.
8. Next we will learn how to search our D-addicts feed for existing torrents!
Click on this starburst icon to the right.
9. Clicking the starburst icon brings this popup up.
Let’s search for the drama, “Glass Mask.” Type that into the search field.
Several options will now appear without even hitting enter.
If you have several other torrent feeds in your Feedly account, select the first option “glass mask in my feedly” under the FIND ARTICLES section.
But since we want to search within D-addicts, we’re going with the 2nd option “glass mask in this section only.”
A note, there’s other sections like TOPIC and SITES. You can add other sites if anything piques your interest.
10. These are our search results below. Click the title to expand and download from Torrage or Zoink like we did previously.
And that’s it! You’ve diverted a catastrophe by importing your Google Reader feeds to Feedly! Once Google Reader is officially shut down, you won’t need to worry about your feeds disappearing.
I hope you’ve found this post useful. If you have any questions feel free to post in the comments below.
Like Us On Facebook!
- Last Present:
3/2/17: Episode 5 released!
2/24/17: Episode 4 released!
2/17/17: Episode 3 released!
2/10/17: Episode 2 released!
2/1/17: Episode 1 released!
- ATARU 2013 Movie:
- ATARU 2013 Movie:
- ATARU 2013 Special Part 1:
- ATARU 2013 Special Part 2:
- Last Present:
Batch Torrent ProjectBatched torrents as of 4/13/2014:
- At Home Dad + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- BOSS 2 HD: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Dr. Koto Season 1
- First Kiss 1-11: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Galileo Season 1 + SP: D-A link | Nyaa link
- Gokusen Season 1
- Gokusen Season 2
- Gokusen Season 3
- Hana Yori Dango Season 1: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Hana Yori Dango Season 2: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Hanazakari no Kimi Tachi e 01-12 + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Honey and Clover: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Hotman 2: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Ikebukuro West Gate Park 1-11 + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Karei naru ichizoku 1-10: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Koizora 1-6 HD: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Liar Game Season 2 HD: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Nodame Cantabile 1-11 + Specials:
Nyaa link | D-A link
- Ruri no shima 1-10 + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Ryuusei no Kizuna 1-10:
HD: Nyaa link | D-A link
SD: D-A link
- Sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni 1-10: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Waraeru koi wa Shitakunai Special 01-03: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Zettai Kareshi 1-11 SD + Special HD:
Nyaa link | D-A link
Read more about our Batch Torrent Project >
Stream Dramas Online!