As you can see from the new look and feel of the site, we’re going through a major rehaul.
Much of the older content on the site has been wiped out (well, not really, we still have a back up of that), but the main reason for this was the outdated design and ENDLESS spam that infested the comments and forums. A few posts on the site had several thousand spam comments! Anyway, the most important pages (ie. Torrents, IRC bots, FAQs) have been reposted and should be fully functional. A few less important pages like the donation and staff pages were posted too, but need some tweaking still. These pages will be fixed in the next few days.
Sadly, the forum was not maintained either, so posts were riddled with ads for porn, prescription drugs, shoes and all sorts of nonsense! In order to stop all of the spam, I took the forum offline for a few days to clean it up and update the forum software. The update itself was a little painful because the SQL backup didn’t import over nicely, but all is well now.
I’ve debated with myself about keeping the forum open for users to come and be part of a drama community–which was always the intention. But now that I’ve reassessed the pros and cons, I’ve decided that we’ll shut it down. It’s too much maintenance that no one on the team has time for.
So here’s a break-down of what will happen to the forum:
- No new registrations, posts, comments, blah blah.
- Existing fully registered users still have access to their accounts (private messages, profiles, etc)
- Everyone can access and search the threads for archival purposes
- Direct Download Links category is still only viewable by users with 25+ posts
- Eventually the Direct Download Links thread will migrate to the main site www.sars-fansubs.com
- All existing threads have been locked
- Unconfirmed users will not be confirmed, but if you want access to the DDL page, please wait till it migrates over to the main site
Just think of the forum being stuck in time and it’s been filed away for posterity.
IF enough people feel compelled to keep the forum around, please speak up and I may reconsider. But with the advent of Twitter, FaceBook and other social media sites, I don’t see the purpose of keeping the forum alive. Besides this site was created to provide news and updates about fansub projects. I’d like to focus my efforts on fansubbing and not deleting pr0n threads in a forum.
All projects still in queue and nothing has been dropped.
- At Home Dad SP (I know, I know)
- Boku no Mahou Tsukai Drama
- Dr. Koto Season 2
I may have forgotten a series, but the above dramas are on our radar.
I still need to contact other members first, but we may be recruiting staff in the months to come… stay tuned.
Some projects we’re personally interested in:
- Trick movie (recent one) – amrayu
- Freeter, Ie wo kau – slaw
Again, apologies for the lack of updates, we’ve been on an unofficial hiatus and personally I’m enjoying the time off. Just think… we haven’t been on any sort of hiatus since we formed the group in 2004! Well, as one of the original founders of the group, I haven’t.
- ATARU 2013 Special Part 1:
- ATARU 2013 Special Part 2:
4/30/13: Translation complete. In editing phase.
- ATARU 2013 Special Part 1:
Stream Dramas Online!
Batch Torrent ProjectBatched torrents as of 2/19/2013:
- At Home Dad + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- BOSS 2 HD: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Dr. Koto Season 1
- First Kiss 1-11: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Gokusen Season 1
- Gokusen Season 2
- Gokusen Season 3
- Hana Yori Dango Season 1: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Hana Yori Dango Season 2: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Hanazakari no Kimi Tachi e 01-12 + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Honey and Clover: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Hotman 2: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Ikebukuro West Gate Park 1-11 + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Koizora 1-6 HD: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Liar Game Season 2 HD: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Nodame Cantabile 1-11 + Specials:
Nyaa link | D-A link
- Ruri no shima 1-10 + Special: Nyaa link | D-A link
- Sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni 1-10: Nyaa link | D-A link
Read more about our Batch Torrent Project >
Like Us On Facebook!
- No public Twitter messages.